A 3-year-old girl is dead after getting hit by a car on a Hayward road on Monday, police said.
The collision happened at around 3:55 p.m. on the 400 block of Shepard Avenue.
When officers arrived, they found a 3-year-old girl lying on the road.
She was rushed to the hospital but died there.
The driver remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- VIDEO: MAN WITH CHAINSAW TERRIFIES BART RIDERS ON TRAIN
- SEE IT: ‘DEEPLY EMBEDDED MAGGOT’ FOUND LIVING IN WOMAN’S GROIN
- WATCH: LITTLE GIRL GOES TRICK-OR-TREATING IN ‘HEADLESS’ COSTUME
- HOW TO STOP THOSE ANNOYING ROBOCALLS
- COUPLE DIED IN YOSEMITE FALL WHILE TAKING SELFIE