A three-year-old boy’s mother is making an urgent plea after a thief stole her son’s prosthetic leg.
Replacing the leg could be a long and expensive process.
Three-year-old Josiah was born without a left leg and when he turned one, he got his first prosthetic leg.
This past fall, Josiah got a new and improved upgrade.
Like most kids, he is full of energy but now his development is at risk with this setback.
The family’s car was parked in the back of their apartment when someone stole a backpack with the leg in it overnight.
Just in case the thief ditched the backpack or leg, the family has been checking ditches, looking through dumpsters and trashcans at a Metrolink stop in East St. Louis — which is more than 15 miles away.
The mothers’ debit card was also taken and used at the stop.
Anyone who knows the location of the leg is urged to contact the Belleville Police.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY