SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — Four Sacramento Kings players, including forward Jabari Parker, have tested positive for COVID-19, a source within the team has confirmed.
In a release sent by the team Wednesday, Parker said “several days” prior he tested positive for the virus and has self-isolated in Chicago. Parker is a Chicago native.
“I am progressing in my recovery and feeling well. I look forward to joining my teammates in Orlando as we return to the court for the resumption of the NBA season,” Parker’s statement read.
The three other players have not been identified but will also need to quarantine for 14 days, according to the source.
The NBA will restart its season at the Disney complex near Orlando, Florida, in July. The Kings will be one of 22 teams competing for a playoff spot.
Latest Sports Headlines:
- San Francisco Giants suspend workouts at Oracle Park pending COVID-19 test results
- San Francisco Giants confirm 2 more individuals test positive for COVID-19
- SF Giants announce strict health guidelines to be implemented at Oracle Park
- 31 MLB players, 7 staff test positive for COVID-19, or 1.2%
- Redskins to have ‘thorough review’ of name amid race debate