SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) – The San Francisco 49ers are responding after a fan sent racist and hateful messages to Arizona Cardinals’ Budda Baker, after their Week 1 match up.
Baker took to social media Monday afternoon, showing a screenshot of the explicit messages sent to him.
Baker said he was fine with fans trash talking, but the hateful language was too much.
“Im all good with opposing fans talking trash. But This right here man… All you can do is pray for ppl like this,” said Baker.
The 49ers issued a statement on Tuesday addressing the racist messages.
“There is no place for hate and we got your back @buddabaker32,” said San Francisco.
The organization went on to add, per the team’s policy the 49ers are working to identify this person and will ban them from all 49ers games and events.
The 49ers added, “Incidents like this demonstrate how much work remains to be done to address racism and hate in our society. We remain steadfast in our commitment to that work.”
- Peaceful protests held across Bay Area demanding justice for Breonna Taylor
- Contra Costa County changes drug charge policy
- Virus delays Rio’s Carnival for first time in a century
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Demonstration shuts down all lanes on Bay Bridge, CHP says