SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The heat wave hitting California is being blamed for at least six deaths.
Two of those deaths happened in Santa Clara County and three were reported in Sacramento.
Now, a father in Bakersfield has died and officials are blaming the heat.
The father died after running a race in 109-degree heat on Tuesday.
Benjamin Greene was a well-known criminal defense attorney in the area.
Witnesses say there was no medical staff at the race despite the hot temperatures.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN GIRL DIES AFTER FALLING OFF SAN FRANCISCO CLIFF
- TWO DEAD AFTER HOME INVASION IN BRENTWOOD
- DANGEROUSLY HOT WEATHER HITS BAY AREA
- VIDEO: MOTORCYCLE DRIVES THROUGH PROTEST IN SAN FRANCISCO
- TEEN ACCIDENTALLY SHOT, KILLED BY LA DEPUTIES FENDING OFF DOG
- BLOGGER DIES AFTER WHIPPED CREAM CANISTER EXPLODES