(KRON) — A 7.6 magnitude earthquake near Honduras triggered a tsunami warning on Tuesday night, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The quake struck at around 6:51 p.m. in the Caribean Sea north of Honduras.
The quake had a depth of 33 kilometers (20 miles).
A tsunami warning had been issued as a result of the quake.
But that warning has since been canceled.Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
- SIERRA GETS 18 INCHES OF SNOW
- 12 INJURED IN EAST BAY SCHOOL BUS CRASH
- DEADLY MUDSLIDES KILL AT LEAST 8 IN SOCAL
- DAD HEARD CRASH THAT KILLED PREGNANT DAUGHTER
- WOMAN CONTRACTS FLESH-EATING BACTERIA FROM OYSTERS
- WATCH: WHALE SAVES DIVER FROM POTENTIAL SHARK ATTACK