NEVADA (KRON) – Pershing County deputies responded to a report of a death at the Burning Man festival on Thursday.
The man, identified as Shane Billingham, had already been transferred to the festival’s Rampart medical tent when officials arrived, and had been declared dead by event doctors.
Billingham was transferred to Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsy, where the cause of his death “remains under investigation as suspicious.”
This is a developing story.
Latest News Headlines:
- Air quality to be tested at McClymonds High School after toxic chemical found
- Helicopter pilot in Bryant crash had FAA violation in 2015
- New virus has infected nearly 78,000 people globally
- Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths
- Teachers open up about toxic chemical found at McClymonds High School in Oakland