SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)– Sunday marked Human Rights Day and the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
KRON4’s Spencer Blake was in San Francisco as the Human Rights Commission welcomed hometown actor and humanitarian, Danny Glover, for a discussion on how far the world has come.
Glover regularly does for UNICEF around the globe, so he was an easy choice for the commission to invite as their honored guest.
He’s best known for his roles in The Color Purple and Lethal Weapon, but on Sunday Glover was speaking as a philanthropist.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- ‘OUT OF CONTROL’ SOCAL FIRE FORCES THOUSANDS TO EVACUATE
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- EAST BAY LYFT DRIVER CARJACKED AT GUNPOINT ON HER BIRTHDAY
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018