CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago family wants the community to help a local ice cream vendor retire.
On Father’s Day, Michaelangelo Mosqueda’s family bought all of 70-year-old Don Rosario’s paletas, which are Mexican ice pops.
They didn’t want Rosario to have to work in the heat or on a holiday.
Mosqueda created a GoFundMe page for Rosario to help him retire. The goal was to raise $10,000, and so far, it has surpassed $25,000.
Mosqueda posted the video of his family buying all the paletas from Rosario on social media, and it has now gone viral with more than 5 million views.
Latest News Headlines:
- Employee at Warriors Oakland facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Deputies to cite those not wearing masks in West Hollywood; 1st offense carries $300 fine
- Oakland Zoo at risk of closing for good due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Some airlines increase capacity ahead of holiday weekend despite surge in US coronavirus cases
- Burlingame native released from Minor League Baseball team after season canceled