CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago family wants the community to help a local ice cream vendor retire.
On Father’s Day, Michaelangelo Mosqueda’s family bought all of 70-year-old Don Rosario’s paletas, which are Mexican ice pops.
They didn’t want Rosario to have to work in the heat or on a holiday.
Mosqueda created a GoFundMe page for Rosario to help him retire. The goal was to raise $10,000, and so far, it has surpassed $25,000.
Mosqueda posted the video of his family buying all the paletas from Rosario on social media, and it has now gone viral with more than 5 million views.
Latest News Headlines:
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested for string of violent crimes in San Francisco
- Levee system’s integrity questioned as crews begin fixing more prominent breaches in South Texas
- More apprehensions at California ports of entry leads to ‘excruciating’ border waits for commuters
- Crews contain fire at Walnut Creek senior care facility