(CNN) – Alcohol ads are leading teens to drink.
That’s according to a new report from the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs.
Researchers analyzed hundreds of studies from around the world. ]
They said there is persuasive evidence that exposure to alcohol marketing is one cause of drinking onset during adolescence and also one cause of binge drinking.
To combat the problem, the authors suggest more government regulation and more reports on alcohol and health from the CDC, like the ones that have been published on tobacco.
- New learning program helps parents, students with new norm of classwork at home
- Contra Costa County man shops, delivers groceries to neighbors to assist with crisis
- Santa Rosa police warn enforcement action if people don’t follow stay-at-home orders
- Antioch students receive laptops, lunches during coronavirus pandemic
- Former Warriors player discusses cannabis use for anxiety during pandemic