American Airlines says it asked the Trump administration not to put migrant children who have been separated from their parents on its flights.
In a statement Wednesday, American said it doesn’t know whether any migrant children have been on its flights and doesn’t want to profit from the current immigration policy of separating families.
“We bring families together, not apart,” the company said in a statement.
American and other airlines have contracts to provide travel services to the U.S. government. American says, however, that the government doesn’t provide information about the passengers or their reason for travel.
In recent days several flight attendants have gone on social media to report seeing groups of children on their flights whom they believed to be children separated from their migrant families.
Here is the full news release from the airline:
This is a developing breaking news story.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION