SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Apple CEO Tim Cook announced the company is supporting medical personnel working during the coronavirus pandemic.
Cook said he is donating 20 million masks to health care workers.
He said the company is also working with suppliers to design, produce and ship face shields for medical workers.
In a video posted to Twitter on Sunday, Cook says he is working with governments at all levels to make sure the masks are donated to places with the greatest need for them.
“Thank you again to those on the front lines of this fight,” Cook said. “Stay safe and stay healthy.”
Cook also emphasized the importance of stay-at-home orders and the use of social distancing practices.
Latest News Headlines:
- Cooling center for older adults open in Marin County
- Red Flag Warning issued across Bay Area
- 50,000 gallons of raw sewage spilled into Oakland estuary after power outage
- Raiders Darren Waller celebrates overcoming ‘dark times,’ reaches star status in NFL
- Mother of special needs child recreates special ed classroom at home