Roughly 1.6 million unemployment claims in California remain unresolved by the state’s troubled Employment Development Department.
Now, new claims have been paused after a strike team commissioned by Governor Gavin Newsom released its much-anticipated report.
Assemblyman David Chiu, D-San Francisco, joins Inside California Politics this week to discuss the ongoing efforts to fix the agency.
- Bruno Mars releasing new music with Anderson .Paak as ‘Silk Sonic’ band
- Massive industrial complex fire burns structures, buses in Compton area; nearby apartments evacuated
- Man killed at Oakland youth football practice
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away from Royal family
- Tiger Woods crash: Recovery begins at L.A. hospital