It’s the holiday season and the perfect time for giveaways.
Two dozen children were awarded a JCPenny shopping spree at the Tanforan Mall in San Bruno and the big surprise of their day was— Ayesha Curry.
The celebrity chef, TV host, and loving wife to Warriors’ star Steph Curry, helped the children shop for their families.
Afiya Shaikh couldn’t quite figure out what to get her mother, but Ayesha helped load the girl’s basket with stuff.
“You know on TV people aren’t usually what they seem to be,” Shaikh said. “But then I met her and she was so sweet and nice. She doesn’t even seem like a celebrity to me”
Twenty-five students at James Denman Middle School got $100 gift card and a special discount that allowed them to spend up to $150.
One student said, “It’s a dream come true. I feel like I’m a really lucky person.”
The giving spree is thanks to a partnership between JCPenny, Ayesha Curry, and No Kid Hungry.
- OAKLAND SUES NFL, RAIDERS OVER ‘ILLEGAL MOVE’ TO LAS VEGAS
- STEPH CURRY SAYS HE DOESN’T BELIEVE MOON LANDING IS REAL
- BAY AREA FAMILY DESPERATELY SEARCHES FOR MISSING STUDENT
- VIDEO: SANTACON PARTIERS TRASH SAN FRANCISCO RESTAURANT
- 9-YEAR-OLD KILLS HERSELF AFTER RACIST TAUNTS, FAMILY SAYS