Prosecutors have obtained a grand jury indictment charging a man for the stabbing death of 18-year-old Nia Wilson on a BART platform.
27-year-old John Lee Cowell appeared in court in Oakland on Tuesday for the premeditated attempted murder of Wilson.
The indictment replaces a criminal complaint prosecutors filed earlier charging Cowell with murder and attempted murder.
The court document reveals how Cowell purposely killed Wilson after waiting for her.
“It is further alleged that the murder of Nia Wilson was committed by John Lee Cowell and that the defendant intentionally killed the victim by means of lying in wait, within the meaning of Penal Code section 190.2(a)(15).”
He is also accused of stabbing and injuring Nia Wilson’s older sister during the incident back in July.
Prosecutors say the indictment will get Cowell to trial quicker.
Cowell could face the death penalty.
Read the full document here:
- UBER, LYFT BLAMED FOR TRAFFIC IN SAN FRANCISCO
- VIDEO: GEORGE LOPEZ FIGHTS TRUMP SUPPORTER AT HOOTERS
- CANADA TO BECOME LARGEST COUNTRY WITH LEGAL MARIJUANA
- SHERIFF: BABY STABBED, PUT IN OVEN, THEN BAKED BEFORE DEATH
- OPIOID 500X MORE POWERFUL THAN MORPHINE COULD HIT MARKET