SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – PG&E says the Bay Area may yet again be impacted by potential power shutoffs this weekend.
A list of confirmed counties that could potentially be affected on Saturday, Oct. 26 are:
- Alameda (starting Saturday 5 p.m. through Monday 2 p.m.)
- Contra Costa (starting Saturday 10 p.m. through Monday 2 p.m.)
- San Mateo
PG&E said the possible shutoff event may happen Saturday, Oct. 26.
This is due to the weather conditions which include potential fire risk, the utility company said.
PG&E said if power will be shut off, it will attempt to contact affected customers via telephone, text, and email.
The outage could last longer than 48 hours, so PG&E suggests you prepare for outages that could last several days.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- Father, 4-year-old son struck by suspected drunk driver in Novato
- Berkeley police reforms aim to reduce unnecessary interactions between people of color, police
- Oracle Park offers special seating section for fully vaccinated fans
- 160K children dropped out of CA’s public school system this academic year
- Las Vegas strip clubs given OK to reopen May 1