Danville Police Department is investigating an officer-involved shooting that a man dead on Saturday.
Officers received a report of a suspicious person near Cottage Lane and Laurel Drive.
When officers arrived at the scene, the suspect fled, leading them on a pursuit.
Authorities say, at the intersection of Front Street and Diablo Road, the suspect tried to run over an officer, who fired his weapon at the vehicle.
The suspect was shot and transported to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
His identity is not being released at this time. The officer sustained a minor injury.
This incident is being jointly investigated by the Danville Police Department, Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff, and D.A.’s Office.
- 49ERS CHEERLEADER WHO TOOK A KNEE DURING ANTHEM FROM ANTIOCH
- PRICE REDUCED FOR TINY HOME FOR SALE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- KIDNAPPED MAN LIKELY FED TO HOGS, COURT DOCS REVEAL
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS FIND 1,000 HUMAN TEETH INSIDE WALL
- TEENS DISCOVER THEY’RE HAVING SEX WITH SAME TEACHER, TELL HIS WIFE