ANTIOCH (KRON) – Police are investigating a fatal shooting in Antioch Tuesday night.
According to police, officers responded to a call reporting shots fired around 7:10 p.m. in the area of Hillcrest Avenue and Bellflower Drive.
Around that time, dispatchers received a call from one of the victims who stated they were shot in their car and had driven to Kaiser Hospital on Deer Valley Road.
While officers were en route to the hospital, dispatchers received several more calls reporting shots fired in the area of Point Arena Court and Morro Drive, which is close to a mile away from the first shooting call.
According to police, two men were seen running away from the scene.
Officials said they found evidence indicating there was a shooting near Morro Drive and Point Arena Court.
One of the shooting victims – a 17-year-old girl – died from injuries at the hospital, while a 17-year-old boy remains hospitalized with non-life threatening gunshot injuries.
No other details were immediately available.
Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- PHOTOS: The spaces we filled, now filled with space
- States demand ventilators as feds ration limited supply
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – April 3, 2020
- ‘Lean On Me,’ ‘Lovely Day’ singer Bill Withers dies at 81
- Bus driver who complained about coughing passenger dies from coronavirus days later