VACAVILLE, Calif. (KRON) — One person died in a car crash on Interstate 80 early Monday morning.
The California Highway Patrol reports a BMW and an Audi stopped on the highway after an incident. The drivers were exchanging information when a Toyota hit the BMW. This collision pushed the BMW into its driver while they were standing outside their car.
CHP said the driver was trapped between the BMW and the center divide. The other drivers involved reported minor injuries.
All westbound lanes were closed shortly before 3 a.m. in the area of Batavia Rd to Oday Rd. Two lanes reopened by 5:15 a.m.
- ‘There has to be consequences’: Oakland Mayor Thao speaks after minors accused of robberies are not charged
- 9 people shot in SF Mission District Friday night
- 4 Fun Things to do in the Bay Area this weekend
- Stanford professor reported missing in Washington park
- Man who killed teen at American Canyon Safeway sentenced to life in prison