SAN LEANDRO (KRON) – Authorities have launched a criminal investigation after two people were injured in a fire-explosion at a warehouse in San Leandro Thursday morning.
The explosion was reported around 4 a.m. in the area near 1774 Timothy Drive.
Officers and firefighters from the Alameda County Fire Department responded to the scene and extinguished a fire that followed the explosion.
Investigators said they found evidence on the property associated with a butane honey oil lab operation.
Two men were taken to a nearby hospital where they were both treated for minor injuries.
Two other men were arrested and transported to the San Leandro Jail on charges relating to the illegal production of concentrated cannabis.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing
- Tear gas fired on New Orleans protesters on a bridge
- Hundreds protest death of George Floyd outside San Mateo City Hall
- George Floyd autopsy shows he tested positive for COVID-19 in April
- Mugshots released of all 4 officers charged in George Floyd’s death