OAKLAND (KRON) – One person is dead following a fire at an Oakland home Monday morning.
According to officials, firefighters responded to the house fire at 44 Malta Court near Bernhardt Drive around 4:13 a.m.
The home was fully engulfed in flames and started to spread to a nearby home, but firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading and contain the original fire.
One person was killed and another was transported to the hospital for treatment of fire-related injuries.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- As protests remain mostly peaceful, Walnut Creek considers extending curfew
- Looters, vandals destroy entire strip mall in Southern California
- Live Blog: Looting in Vallejo leads to police shooting
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Santa Rosa restaurant hit with rocks over weekend