SUNNYVALE (KRON) – Two men have been arrested in connection with a string of overnight car burglaries in Sunnyvale.
Burglars broke into nearly a dozen cars in Sunnyvale late Tuesday after 11 p.m. in the area near the Parkwood apartment complex and De Anza Park.
However, authorities received at least 43 reports of car break-ins overnight in multiple locations across the city.
Passenger side windows of multiple cars were shattered, and some glove compartments rummaged through.
Police were able to identify the suspects after working closely with the victims.
Officers took 28-year-old Ismael Murillo-Rodriguez from Oakland and 25-year-old Brayan Burgos-Vargas into custody.
When authorities found them, the suspects had several stolen items with them.
The two were booked into the Santa Clara County Jail on 43 counts of burglary and receiving stolen property.
As an investigation continues, police ask you to contact them at (408) 730-7128 if you have any information.
- President Biden ordering economic help as talks start on $1.9 trillion relief package
- Check where it’s raining in the Bay Area and when it will end
- Dave Chappelle cancels shows after testing positive for COVID-19
- Rise in gun violence: 11 homicides in Oakland so far this year
- Pacifica yoga studio forced to close for defying health orders