An 18-year-old woman was killed in a solo car collision in Concord early Sunday morning, according to the Concord Police Department.
Around 12:41 a.m., police received a report of the crash on Kirker Pass Road, north of Clearbrook Drive.
Police say a car was driving southbound on Kirker Pass Road when it went off the road and hit a signal pole.
According to authorities, the 18-year-old woman from Pittsburg died on the scene.
Her identity has yet to been released.
The southbound lanes were closed for about 3 and a half hours at Hess Road.
Police are investigating the cause of the collision.
No other details have been released at this time.
If you have any information, you are asked to contact Traffic Investigator Justin Wilson with the police department at (925) 603-5962.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS