Police are trying to figure out why a young woman jumped out of a moving car Saturday afternoon on Interstate 880 in San Jose.
According to CHP, the 19-year-old victim sustained injuries to a large part of her body when she jumped from the car at 12:55 p.m. on southbound I-880, just north of Montague Expressway.
Authorities say, her father was driving a 2004 Toyota Corolla in the fast lane and his daughter was sitting in the right front seat.
For an unknown reason, she took off her seatbelt and jumped out of the car.
Her father tried to grab her and brake, but he wasn’t able to stop her and only slowed to about 60 mph.
The girl suffered serious injuries after colliding with the pavement and was transported to Valley Medical Center.
She will also undergo a psychological evaluation.
- FOR 1ST TIME IN 46 YEARS, CARNIVAL TO OFFER CRUISES FROM SF
- CEO POSTS GRAPHIC VIDEO OF VIOLENCE IN SF, PLEADS FOR MORE POLICE
- MYSTERIOUS LIGHT OVER BAY AREA WAS RARE CLOUD CREATED BY METEOR
- GOFUNDME TO BUILD TRUMP’S BORDER WALL GETS $3M IN TWO DAYS
- PEDIATRICIAN ADMITS TO SEXUALLY ASSAULTING 31 CHILDREN