CONCORD, Calif. (BCN) – A two-alarm grass fire reported at about 5 p.m. Saturday near East Olivera and Willow Pass Roads near the former Concord Naval Weapons Station has been contained at about 136 acres, the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District said.
There were no reports of any injuries or damaged structures in the fire, which was largely contained by 8 p.m. Saturday. The fire did come close to homes on Concord’s far east end.
The cause of the fire was under investigation, but firefighters said it was aided by low humidity and, especially, by sustained strong winds.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
Latest News Headlines:
- Employee at Warriors Oakland facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Deputies to cite those not wearing masks in West Hollywood; 1st offense carries $300 fine
- Oakland Zoo at risk of closing for good due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Some airlines increase capacity ahead of holiday weekend despite surge in US coronavirus cases
- Burlingame native released from Minor League Baseball team after season canceled