CONCORD, Calif. (BCN) – A two-alarm grass fire reported at about 5 p.m. Saturday near East Olivera and Willow Pass Roads near the former Concord Naval Weapons Station has been contained at about 136 acres, the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District said.
There were no reports of any injuries or damaged structures in the fire, which was largely contained by 8 p.m. Saturday. The fire did come close to homes on Concord’s far east end.
The cause of the fire was under investigation, but firefighters said it was aided by low humidity and, especially, by sustained strong winds.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
Latest News Headlines:
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested for string of violent crimes in San Francisco
- Levee system’s integrity questioned as crews begin fixing more prominent breaches in South Texas
- More apprehensions at California ports of entry leads to ‘excruciating’ border waits for commuters
- Crews contain fire at Walnut Creek senior care facility