MORGAN HILL (KRON) – Authorities said two suspected burglars were arrested overnight in Morgan Hill despite a city-wide curfew enforced to deter such crimes.
According to the Morgan Hill Police Department, two suspects who were allegedly burglarizing cars in an area impacted by a power shutoff were arrested.
“Two arrested while trying to take advantage of our community during the power outage,” the police department tweeted early Thursday.
The city had implemented a curfew from 8 p.m. Wednesday to 6:30 a.m. Thursday to crack down on potential crimes.
Latest News Headlines:
- Crews battle 150-acre fire in Sonoma County
- Evacuations underway after fire grows to 70 acres in Solano County
- Police responding to ‘multiple critical incidents’ in Santa Cruz County
- Trump mistakenly says Tijuana is ‘most infected city in the world’
- Black Lives Matter mural painted on street leading to California State Capitol building