MORGAN HILL (KRON) – Authorities said two suspected burglars were arrested overnight in Morgan Hill despite a city-wide curfew enforced to deter such crimes.
According to the Morgan Hill Police Department, two suspects who were allegedly burglarizing cars in an area impacted by a power shutoff were arrested.
“Two arrested while trying to take advantage of our community during the power outage,” the police department tweeted early Thursday.
The city had implemented a curfew from 8 p.m. Wednesday to 6:30 a.m. Thursday to crack down on potential crimes.
Latest News Headlines:
- Woman who livestreamed deadly crash arrested again after another crash: police
- Pence confirms cease-fire deal with Turkey
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Boxer Patrick Day dies 4 days after fight
- Game show contestant gives hilarious intro about ‘loveless marriage’
- Juul halts sales of fruit, dessert flavors for e-cigarettes