San Mateo (BCN/KRON) – 2 are dead in San Mateo over an apparent love triangle, according to officials.
San Mateo police say both the suspect and victim had relations with the suspects wife.
Around 7:20 a.m., officers responded to a 911 call regarding a homicide in the 1700 block of Pierce Street, according to police.
The victim, a 42-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Minutes after discovering the victim, officers located the suspect at a home in the 1600 block of Marina Court and immediately began negotiations with him with the help of a SWAT team and a crisis negotiation team.
Following four hours of negotiations, the suspect took his life. The suspect’s wife — who was inside the home at the time — was unharmed.
Anyone with information or related security footage is being asked to contact Detective Sgt. Lee Violett at (650) 522-7662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anonymous tips can be submitted to https://tinyurl.com/SMPDTips or by calling (650) 522-7676.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
- These baby names are in danger of disappearing in 2023
- Santa Clara County warming centers to open during cold weather
- Tesla ‘spontaneously’ caught fire on highway in Sacramento County: officials
- College basketball player undergoes emergency surgery after injury to genitals
- Orange County water polo coach sentenced to prison for sexually assaulting 9 teenage girls