KERN COUNTY (KRON) – Two children from the East Bay are dead after a rollover crash in Kern County.
It happened Saturday morning outside of Bakersfield on southbound I-5.
The victims are from Richmond.
According to the Kern County Sheriff’s Office, the driver drifted into the center divider.
When she tried to correct herself, the car went onto the shoulder and rolled multiple times.
There were 6 people inside that car.
13-year-old Citalli Contreras and 10-year-old Jesse Contreras were both ejected from the car and died from their injuries.
The driver and two others were taken to a local hospital for treatment.
CHP investigators do not believe the two children were wearing seatbelts.
Latest News Headlines:
- ‘There has to be consequences’: Oakland Mayor Thao speaks after minors accused of robberies are not charged
- 9 people shot in SF Mission District Friday night
- 4 Fun Things to do in the Bay Area this weekend
- Stanford professor reported missing in Washington park
- Man who killed teen at American Canyon Safeway sentenced to life in prison