SAN JOSE (KRON) – Crews spent the day battling wildfires on Thursday.
A brush fire broke out Thursday night on Scottsdale Drive near Thompson Creek in San Jose.
That fire grew to about an acre before crews got it under control.
No homes or structures were threatened.
No one was injured.
Earlier in the day, a fast-moving fire did threaten some homes in San Jose.
The fire broke out at Santa Teresa Boulevard and Baily Avenue.
That fire burned 75 acres and is now 80% contained.
At one point the fire was burning on both sides of Santa Teresa Boulevard but crews managed to stop it from spreading.
Thank you firefighters!
Latest News Headlines:
- Investigation underway after Bay Area hospital gives teachers COVID vaccine
- California stay-at-home order lifted
- Hawaii man survives lightning strike, then beats COVID-19
- Here’s how San Jose’s Independent Police Auditor role is expanding
- Hawaii lab detects COVID-19 variant linked to California outbreaks