ANTIOCH (KRON) — Contra Costa County officials identified the pilot killed over the weekend in a plane crash as a 22-year-old Berkeley man.
The plane crashed into the Delta near Antioch on Sunday around 5:30 p.m.
Police found plane wreckage and the pilot’s body while searching Broad Slough, nearby where the plane went down.
The pilot was identified as 22-year-old Colin Um, of Berkeley.
The plane took off from Buchanan Field Airport on Sunday around 5 p.m.
The plane wreckage has not been removed from the water, as of Tuesday.
In a statement, the Contra Costa Sheriff’s Department said:
The Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office would like to extend our condolences and sympathies to the family and friends of Colin Um. An autopsy into the cause of death is scheduled for tomorrow.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF