SAN JOSE, Calif. (BCN) – A 23-year-old San Jose woman died in a solo vehicle crash reported Monday afternoon on southbound Interstate Highway 280 in unincorporated San Mateo County, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at 2:34 p.m. on southbound Highway 280 north of Alpine Road.
The woman, whose name hasn’t been released, was the sole occupant of a white Toyota Tundra that went up an embankment on the right-hand shoulder of the highway, struck a tree, then went back down to the roadway and came to rest.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, CHP officials said.
The crash has blocked the three left lanes of southbound Highway 280 and there was no update as of late Monday afternoon for when the lanes will reopen.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- Alcohol, drugs appear to be factor in fatal Woodside crash Friday night, authorities say
- Outdoor dining in Morgan Hill shut down by ABC without notice
- SF Giants announce strict health guidelines to be implemented at Oracle Park
- How to break bad habits picked up during the pandemic to build new ones
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek