SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – The 26-year-old surfer who died in a shark attack Saturday in Santa Cruz County has been identified.
26-year-old Ben Kelly was surfing at Sand Dollar Beach, about a mile south of Manresa State Beach parking lot, when he was attacked.
Kelly was a surfboard maker.
California state park officials responded to the area around 1:30 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
According to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department, Kelly was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other details about Kelly have been released at this time.
- Las Vegas casinos, resorts reopen
- George Floyd Protests: Thousands in San Francisco march in solidarity
- Protests more subdued after new charges in Floyd case
- White House fears resurgence of pandemic after protests
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing