SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – The 26-year-old surfer who died in a shark attack Saturday in Santa Cruz County has been identified.
26-year-old Ben Kelly was surfing at Sand Dollar Beach, about a mile south of Manresa State Beach parking lot, when he was attacked.
Kelly was a surfboard maker.
California state park officials responded to the area around 1:30 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
According to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department, Kelly was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other details about Kelly have been released at this time.
- 1 dead & 7 injured amid another campus shooting at Grambling State, Homecoming events canceled
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations
- Power knocked out across Bay Area due to rain
- How to spot ‘shrinkflation’ at the grocery store (and save money)
- Shooting at Pennsylvania mall, multiple people injured