SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Santa Clara County has reported its second death due to coronavirus.
The person who died was a woman in hers 80s. She was hospitalized on March 9 and was among the COVID-19 cases reported by health officials on March 13.
The first coronavirus death in Santa Clara County was reported on March 9. The person was a woman in her 60s who was in the hospital for several weeks. She was the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the county who had not traveled internationally or had contact with an already infected patient.
Details to come.
Latest News Headlines:
- San Francisco SPCA looking for families to foster pets during crisis
- Trump, Dems clash on boosting mail-in voting during pandemic
- Where will the bodies go? Morgues plan as virus grows
- KRON4 Heroes: Los Gatos restaurant gives free meals to health care workers
- Gov. Newsom ‘not anticipating’ normal NFL games in the fall