BODEGA BAY, Calif. (AP) — Coast Guard crews have rescued three people and are searching for a man who went missing after a fishing boat capsized off Northern California.
The Coast Guard said it received a distress call from the 54-foot vessel named Miss Hailee around 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
When a helicopter crew reached an area about 30 miles north of Bodega Bay, they located two men and a woman in the water and hoisted them aboard the aircraft.
Crews were told a fourth man believed to be wearing a life jacket was missing.
They stayed in the area searching for him and received assistance from good Samaritans aboard a tugboat named Cochise.
- Cinemark reopens several Bay Area movie theaters
- San Francisco’s new permit program will allow live music at outdoor spaces
- Firefighters on alert as heat wave brings high fire danger to Contra Costa County
- Fire officials call in extra help to prepare for hot temps, high winds
- Contra Costa County: Everything you need to know ahead of Election Day