BODEGA BAY, Calif. (AP) — Coast Guard crews have rescued three people and are searching for a man who went missing after a fishing boat capsized off Northern California.
The Coast Guard said it received a distress call from the 54-foot vessel named Miss Hailee around 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
When a helicopter crew reached an area about 30 miles north of Bodega Bay, they located two men and a woman in the water and hoisted them aboard the aircraft.
Crews were told a fourth man believed to be wearing a life jacket was missing.
They stayed in the area searching for him and received assistance from good Samaritans aboard a tugboat named Cochise.
- Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg on homelessness, Prop. 1
- San Jose cartoonist on ‘American Born Chinese,’ advice for aspiring graphic novelists
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Voice actress Sarah Natochenny on starring in ‘Pokemon’ for 17 years, what’s next
- ‘Donatello’ voice actor Barry Gordon on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles legacy