RICHMOND (KRON) — A gunman is on the loose after two people were killed and another was injured in a shooting in Richmond Thursday afternoon.
At 3:47 p.m. officers responded to a report of shots fired in the 3100 block of Esmond Avenue, according to the Richmond Police Department.
When police arrived, they found three men who had been shot.
Two of the victims have since died, according to police.
One of the victims killed has been identified as 32-year-old Vineet Maharaj, who was sitting in his car with his friends when he was shot and killed.
The third victim was taken to a nearby hospital.
Another victim has been identified as an 18-year-old.
It isn’t clear on whether the 18-year-old was killed or transported to the hospital.
Officers are currently scouting the area, talking the neighbors, and trying to find witnesses.
Police do not have any information on the gunman nor do they have a description of the suspect vehicle.
Check back for updates on this developing story
- Love story contest: Woman giving away old wedding rings after divorce
- Chocolate recalled after plastic found in products
- Baby giraffe dies at Nashville zoo after being stepped on by mom
- PHOTOS: A running photo gallery of pictures from today’s protest at the Capitol
- Healthy foods that fight aging, diseases