BERKELEY, Calif. (BCN) – Three people were arrested Tuesday following an armed robbery at the Dollar Tree store on San Pablo Avenue at Gilman Street, Berkeley police said.
The robbery was reported shortly before 5 p.m. and store employees provided a description of the two men and one woman, as well as their getaway vehicle.
When an officer saw and attempted to stop the vehicle, the three abandoned it and fled into yards in the 1500 block of Allston Way, police said.
The area was closed off for a search that turned up three suspects who were were taken into custody about 5:20 p.m.
Detectives have taken over the investigation as police continue to search the area for additional evidence.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden’s inauguration
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- Feds: Some Capitol rioters planned to ‘capture and assassinate’ elected officials
- ‘It’s no longer a political party. It’s a cult’: Former lawmaker leaves Republican party
- Capitol rioters included highly trained ex-military and cops