3-year-old Ciara McCroey has been found safe after an Amber Alert was issued Saturday night, according to the Oakland Police Department.
Police posted to Twitter at 1:51 a.m. Sunday morning saying that they had located Ciara.
Authorities reported that they have arrested Ciara’s father for filing a false police report.
According to police, the girl was with her dad earlier in the day but at the time the car was reported stolen, Ciara was safe with her mom.
Oakland police say the dad lied to them hoping to find the car faster.
The California Highway Patrol issued an Amber Alert after Ciara was reportedly taken during a carjacking by an unknown suspect at 8:10 p.m.
Around 11:40 p.m. on Saturday night, police say the suspect was spotted and proceeded to follow the car before the driver crashed at the intersection of Carlson Boulevard and San Pablo Avenue.
Officials have not yet released the name of the suspect.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH