GILROY (AP) – Police say they have cited four Gilroy High School students for sexual battery after they allegedly assaulted a fellow student on campus.
The Gilroy Police Department said Tuesday officers began investigating on Sept. 26 when the assault was reported to police.
The department says all the students involved are minors and members of the Gilroy High School varsity football team.
The department says there is no evidence the assault was “a hate-motivated crime” but did not release any other information.
Gilroy Unified School District officials say in a statement they took “appropriate and immediate actions” once they heard of the assault. It didn’t say whether the students were disciplined.
They say they couldn’t discuss the incident because of students’ rights to privacy.
Latest News Headlines:
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Fallen Santa Cruz police officers helped find justice for Tyler Tenorio, investigators say
- California lawmakers propose new tax on rich to boost state revenue during pandemic
- Man arrested following fatal shooting in San Francisco’s SoMa neighborhood
- Texas couple charged after infant son found dead in bucket of tar