GILROY (AP) – Police say they have cited four Gilroy High School students for sexual battery after they allegedly assaulted a fellow student on campus.
The Gilroy Police Department said Tuesday officers began investigating on Sept. 26 when the assault was reported to police.
The department says all the students involved are minors and members of the Gilroy High School varsity football team.
The department says there is no evidence the assault was “a hate-motivated crime” but did not release any other information.
Gilroy Unified School District officials say in a statement they took “appropriate and immediate actions” once they heard of the assault. It didn’t say whether the students were disciplined.
They say they couldn’t discuss the incident because of students’ rights to privacy.
Latest News Headlines:
- New York serial killer Richard Cottingham admits to 5 more murders
- Over 4 pounds of fentanyl seized in Marin County drug bust
- Petition to stop fast food labor council law gathers one million signatures, but some question validity
- Arizona certifies 2022 election results amid threat of more GOP challenges
- Pfizer seeks FDA authorization for omicron vaccine in kids under 5