OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – Authorities are investigating a shooting that happened on Interstate 580 in Oakland on Wednesday afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol – Golden Gate Division.
The shooting happened near 106th Avenue around 3:30 p.m.
The Oakland Police Department says four people in a black Infiniti M35 were shot at and injured in the shooting.
Officials say three men and a woman in their late teens or early 20’s, were injured.
The victims were taken to local hospitals for medical treatment. Two sustained minor injuries and the other two sustained major injuries. All remain in stable condition.
There is currently no suspect information.
All lanes of eastbound I-580 were blocked for hours and drivers were advised to take alternate routes.
Just after 6:30 p.m., two eastbound lanes were reopened to traffic.
All lanes were back open by 7:30 p.m.
Authorities continue to investigate at this time.
Detectives are asking for help from the public in gathering details surrounding the incident. If you have any information that might be helpful, please call the CHP Investigative Tipline at (707) 917-4491.
Check back for updates as this is developing.
- Video shows man forcing himself through Wendy’s drive-thru window in Florida
- 2020 Masters tournament to tee off in November with no patrons or guests
- Florida family sues after video surfaces of police handcuffing 8-year-old at school
- Prosecutors charge 3 with threatening women in R. Kelly case
- UCSF scientists develop nasal spray to fight COVID-19