New affordable housing is coming to the Bay Area.
Today officials will break ground on a $42 million apartment complex for low-income families in Redwood City.
Located at 2821 El Camino Real, the ECR Apartments will have 67 units and includes on-site services including educational assistance, financial planning courses, and counseling services.
The complex is located within walking distance of grocery, pharmacy, restaurants, and public transit.
Community amenities include a BBQ grill, community kitchen, computer lab, and picnic area.
Financing for the development is provided by the County of San Mateo through voter-approved Measure K.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ACCUSED OF TOUCHING CHILD AT BELMONT PUMP IT UP
- BAY AREA AMC HOSTING 59-HOUR MARVEL MOVIE MARATHON
- VIDEO: WHAT DID KEVIN DURANT SAY TO GET EJECTED FROM GAME?
- TEACHER FIRED OVER TOPLESS PHOTO SUES FOR $3 MILLION
- MOUNTAIN HOUSE FAMILY OF NINE FORCED OUT OF BAY AREA