SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) – The San Francisco 49ers are showing their support for the Black Lives Matter movement with a BLM flag flying high at Levi’s Stadium.
The flag is seen alongside the California state flag and the American flag.
49ers’ owner Jed York has been a firm supporter of the BLM movement since the death of Geroge Floyd on Memorial Day.
He has since donated $1 million to help fight systemic racism.
Several 49ers players have also been vocal supporters of the movement, including Kendrick Bourne.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Maldives resort hiring ‘Barefoot Bookseller’ to run its island bookshop
- Car injures 2 protesters during BLM demonstration in California
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record