MIAMI (KRON) — San Francisco 49ers pass rusher Nick Bosa added yet another award to his growing list of accomplishments.
The 22-year-old took home the 2019 AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award Saturday evening in Miami.
His brother, Chargers’ defensive end Joey Bosa, won the same award in 2016. The Bosa’s became the first set of brothers to win the award.
This doesn’t really come as a shock to many as Bosa is one of backbones of this 49ers defense. He finished the season with nine regular-season sacks, 47 tackles, two passes defended and one interception.
Bosa is also a huge reason as to why the team is in Miami for Super Bowl LIV and why football fans are excited for the Big Game. It’s kind of unclear as to what exactly Patrick Mahomes can’t do, but it’s crystal clear that Bosa will make Mahomes job a lot tougher.
You have the most dynamic offensive player up against one of the most lethal defensive players in the league.
The 49ers and Chiefs go face to face Sunday at 3:30 p.m.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan vow to avoid targeting residential areas
- Louisville police officer files lawsuit against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend
- Chase Center to serve as ballot dropoff location this weekend
- Megan Rapinoe, Sue Bird announce engagement on social media
- Bay Area native, pregnant ESPN reporter fires back at troll