SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – Five people were injured after a tree branch snapped and fell on them in San Francisco’s Washington Square Park on Tuesday evening.
Authorities say they responded to the park around 5:39 p.m. following a report of a tree falling and striking a person.
Officers arrived to find that a branch struck and injured five people, including a 2 year-old who was taken to the hospital.
The child was taken as a precautionary.
The four others were treated on the scene for non-life threatening injuries.
No other details have been released at this time.
- President Biden ordering economic help as talks start on $1.9 trillion relief package
- Check where it’s raining in the Bay Area and when it will end
- Dave Chappelle cancels shows after testing positive for COVID-19
- Rise in gun violence: 11 homicides in Oakland so far this year
- Pacifica yoga studio forced to close for defying health orders