SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Hitting the road for Thanksgiving?
You definitely won’t be alone!
Nearly 54 million Americans are traveling for Thanksgiving.
According to AAA, four million people are flying while nearly 50 million Americans will be traveling by car.
That’s the most since 2005 – and nearly 3% up from last year.
Wednesday will be the absolute worst time to get on the road.
People in the Bay Area can expect more than three times the delay from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Some good news – gas prices seem reasonable for the Bay Area, with San Francisco seeing an average of $3.97 a gallon, Oakland paying $3.90, and San Jose at $3.83 a gallon.
Latest News Headlines:
- Crews working to save San Lorenzo Theater after fire breaks out
- Cowboys ride through Union City for George Floyd movement
- San Francisco issues guidelines for safer social interactions
- Demonstrators vow to sustain momentum until change happens
- Tree falls on car near San Francisco’s Washington Square Park