CONCORD (KRON) – Concord celebrates 50 years of jazz with a multi-day, multi-faceted celebration like none other and everyone is invited!
That inaugural event attracted 17,000 fans to what is now known affectionately and officially as Dave Brubeck Park, in Concord.
The festival’s success established the locals’ love for jazz making way for an annual festival. Soaring crowds and popularity moved the concert to the Concord Pavilion.
Now, in honor of Concord’s long-term connection with the music, jazz fans will be treated to “Take 10”, 10 days of jazz-centric events that will enlighten, engage and entertain.
Here’s a behind the scenes look at the calendar of events with more details being added daily.
- Denny Hamlin wins 3rd Daytona 500; Ryan Newman hospitalized
- Senator Bernie Sanders campaigned for votes in Bay Area
- Las Vegas Raiders: Who will be their next quarterback?
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Hikers turned away from Bay Area park after mountain lion attacked 6-year-old