CONCORD (KRON) – Concord celebrates 50 years of jazz with a multi-day, multi-faceted celebration like none other and everyone is invited!
That inaugural event attracted 17,000 fans to what is now known affectionately and officially as Dave Brubeck Park, in Concord.
The festival’s success established the locals’ love for jazz making way for an annual festival. Soaring crowds and popularity moved the concert to the Concord Pavilion.
Now, in honor of Concord’s long-term connection with the music, jazz fans will be treated to “Take 10”, 10 days of jazz-centric events that will enlighten, engage and entertain.
Here’s a behind the scenes look at the calendar of events with more details being added daily.
- Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend tests positive for COVID-19
- Tracking coronavirus hot spots in California
- Marin County added to California’s COVID-19 community spread watch list
- Hit-and-run driver strikes boy riding scooter in Martinez
- 2 San Quentin death row inmates die from COVID-19 complications