SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) — The City of San Jose has confirmed two additional San Jose firefighters have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
In total, eight members of the SJFD have tested positive for COVID-19.
City officials say they are tracking the status of 46 additional personnel who may have been exposed to the virus.
Four San Jose firefighters tested positive for coronavirus on March 12. Two more contracted the virus the following day.
Officials say they will provide updates as they become available.
Latest News Headlines:
- Santa Clara County approves $350M to build more affordable housing
- FBI San Francisco announces new strategies to combat hate crimes
- These are the counties that had the highest support for Newsom’s recall: final state numbers show
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested for string of violent crimes in San Francisco