NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A passenger faces a felony drug charge after police say they found approximately 87 pounds of marijuana in two bags at Nashville International Airport.
Airport police said a drug dog alerted officers Monday evening to two bags on a flight from San Francisco.
Officers located the owner of the bags, identified in a warrant as Jullian Gioffre. The 26-year-old gave consent to search the luggage but said the bags were locked and he did not have the key, according to police.
The bags were eventually opened by TSA, a warrant states. Inside, police said they found two bales of marijuana that weighed approximately 87 pounds.
Thirty-four grams of THC gummies were also located in Gioffre’s backpack, officers revealed.
Gioffre was arrested and booked into the Metro jail Monday night on a drug charge. His bond was set at $75,000.
This was the second drug bust at Nashville International Airport in less than a week. Another passenger was charged after 85 pounds of marijuana was found in luggage on Sept. 23.
- Trump, Biden campaign on same turf in battleground Florida
- Republicans confident for higher voter turnout on Election Day
- LIST: What is, isn’t allowed on Halloween in SF
- As COVID-19 surges in Iowa, Congress still can’t pass relief
- Record 3rd-quarter growth; 8M more in poverty