RICHMOND (KRON)- - A Richmond councilwoman is rallying up support for a 92-year-old woman who was reportedly evicted from her home Saturday morning.
Jovanka Beckles shared video of the incident on Facebook and said the Lela Madison had been living in her home for 54 years.
In the video, Lela Madison says she's been locked out and can't retrieve her legal documents or medication.
Beckles claims Community Fund LLC purchased the home from Wells Fargo after it went into foreclosure.
Madison said she's been paying the agreed amount of $1,000 a month for rent, but was issued an eviction notice 15 days ago.
Beckles created a GoFundMe page on the woman's behalf in hopes of raising enough money to cover legal fees, a security deposit, and first and last months rent.
KRON4 reached out to Community Fund LLC and is waiting for a response.
Please check back for updates on this developing story.
- IMMIGRANT KIDS SEEN HELD IN FENCED CAGES AT BORDER FACILITY
- PHOTO: DEAD GREAT WHITE SHARK WASHES UP ON APTOS BEACH
- STUDY: MILLIONS OF HOMES AT RISK OF CHRONIC FLOODING THIS CENTURY
- RAPPER XXXTENTACION SHOT DEAD IN FLORIDA
- DISNEY ISSUES SEIZURE WARNING FOR 'INCREDIBLES 2'