SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Beginning Monday, March 23, AC Transit will no longer be accepting fares.
That’s right – AC Transit buses will be free until further notice.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, officials said AC Transit will be implementing rear-door boarding on all buses with multiple doors.
Riders are encouraged to practice social distancing measures.
Passengers requiring ADA ramps may still continue to use the front door for boarding.
- EPA approves 2 Lysol disinfectants as 1st to effectively kill coronavirus on surfaces
- Hiring soared in May as mass layoffs eased
- Santa Clara County’s new ‘risk reduction order’ goes into effect July 13
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package
- Christopher Columbus, Queen Isabella statue being removed from State Capitol Rotunda