SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Beginning Monday, March 23, AC Transit will no longer be accepting fares.
That’s right – AC Transit buses will be free until further notice.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, officials said AC Transit will be implementing rear-door boarding on all buses with multiple doors.
Riders are encouraged to practice social distancing measures.
Passengers requiring ADA ramps may still continue to use the front door for boarding.
- Bay Area rental market appears to be stabilizing
- Survey: 78% of Oakland residents want more police officers
- Berkeley police arrest suspect in series of anti-Semitic hate crimes
- Police search for suspect who reportedly assaulted, spat on 13-year-old in Milpitas
- San Francisco pastor becomes 1st openly transgender bishop in U.S.