SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The East Bay man charged with being a Chinese spy is set to make his first court appearance on Wednesday.
Edward Peng was arrested at his home in Hayward last Friday, accused of turning over classified U.S. information to China.
Surveillance video released by the Justice Department appears to show Peng completing one of those dead-drops.
A double agent working with U.S. authorities helped catch Peng.
If convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison.
Latest News Headlines:
- Body found in Illinois River is Jelani Day, coroner confirms
- Senate Republicans hold out on debt ceiling as shutdown looms
- Bay Area woman arrested for setting brush fire burning in Shasta County: Cal Fire
- CDC panel backs Pfizer COVID-19 booster shots for seniors
- $20,000 reward offered to stop serial highway slingshot shooter in San Jose