SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The East Bay man charged with being a Chinese spy is set to make his first court appearance on Wednesday.
Edward Peng was arrested at his home in Hayward last Friday, accused of turning over classified U.S. information to China.
Surveillance video released by the Justice Department appears to show Peng completing one of those dead-drops.
A double agent working with U.S. authorities helped catch Peng.
If convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison.
Latest News Headlines:
- Residents assess damage after Glass Fire rips through St. Helena
- Cooling centers open in San Jose for relief from heat
- FBI: 130 Twitter accounts removed for trying to ‘disrupt’ presidential debate conversation
- Mudslides related to fires could cause evacuations in Santa Cruz Mountains
- Statewide Flex Alert issued for Thursday